Sunday, February 28, 2010

Another long week

Well since I can't come online often I guess I'll turn my blog into something like a weekly journal. And I seriously have to watch Percy Jackson soon. Wanted to watch it last Monday but Yen Ping told me that our power point presentation, which was due the next day, was in her brother's laptop and thumb drive, and
both her brother's laptop and thumb drive ARE IN KL!!!!

Well, that sucked and I had to stay home to do it. Took me 7 hours to complete it. Couldn't really complain because I really love doing power point presentations and the only reason why I gave the job to YP is because she was fussing that she had no work to do (We're in the same team with 3 others). The power point presentation (my first ever) turn out to be a blast. The teachers were all amazed by the animations and all the moving thingies that Pn Pau, my bio teacher, mentioned it a few times in class, and the boys must have been drooling over the players in my presentation because I went through a lot to search for pretty netball players. Real eye candy it was. Talk about discrimination XD

Nothing really interesting throughout the week except for the presentation, other than the perbarisan rumah sukan. I'm the flag bearer of my contingent and we are mulling over what I should wear during the opening ceremony. Vimalan wanted me to build a Bumblebee costume. But it's really a hassle and the deadline is to near so I didn't do it. Don't know what should I wear lol.

You know, I kinda realized that it was really stupid that I tried to hit on CY. I mean, yea there might loads of similarities between the two of us, like our family enforces corporal punishment, our parents don't want us to get into a relationship while we're studying, we are super sneaky, we love food, both of us have cousins who are a bit on the dark side, we bend and break rules and but we never cross the line even though we often tilt dangerously over it, and we have ties with triads and so many other stuff (Yen Ping somewhat put that all together). But if you look at the whole picture, you'll realize we aren't similar as it seems. I mean, she's a pedigree, someone of high status and class and has expensive taste, while despite the image I portray and the habits I have (Holding the door open for others to go pass first, pulling out the chair for girls to sit, proper dining and table manners, leaving a tip for the waiter even though I get charged 15% of govt tax and service tax etc), I'm a village kid at heart. A budak kampung. Son of an ex-coffee shop worker. That practically makes us worlds apart. If it was centuries ago, I won't even be allowed to go near her. Well, guess I should have thought of this beforehand. Guess in the real world, opposite repels...

No comments:

Post a Comment