Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sukan Tara

Woohoo~! Today was our sukan tara. They had 3 events for everyone, long jump, shot putt and 70m sprint. I was posted at the shot putt section. Since I was the only athlete there, I had to give them a briefing of how to throw a shot putt and the rules of the game even though shot putt is not one an event I have ever taken part in (Edelyn said that everyone thought I was some top shot putt athlete or something). All the kids were like, "Oh I don't want to throw" and they were trying to escape. So I went over to the kids from my team and told them whoever who doesn't throw has to do the chicken dance in front of the whole school on sports day. That kinda made all of them throw and we managed to get a lot of points because almost none of our students were disqualified (According to the teacher, only 4 students failed).

Then I left my post after the break and had some fun. I joined my team in long jump and 70m sprint. Manage to pass every single event lol. After everything finished, it was thetime for the main event: TUG OF WAR!!!! Yep, the tug of war tournament. Frau Kok (the German language teacher who is in charge of our team) gave me the name list and I did some changes to it. Wait a min... SOME CHANGES is the understatement of the year. I should say I changed almost the whole list of students. I think only 2 or 3 students from the original name list survived my selection. Well I didn't do it without any purpose though. 1, most of the students were all skin and bones. How would we win if we put in a bunch of sticks? So I rounded up as many round students (pardon the pun) as I could find and drafted out a new name list. It was good though. We had 2 beefy guys and 7 other extremely heavy students. I was the smallest among the team, but I was the talisman (I was never lost this event on sports day before and my previous teammates have always treat me like a lucky charm) and the self-proclaimed captain (ebil laughter) so I was sure to participate.

We practically cruised through the entire tournament. No competition at all. Even though we were required to play a 3 series game, we won the first two series in every round easily. That caps a 5th successive tournament victory. Call me a talismanic captain or what? :-)

Well, today has been a great day for me. Especially during the tug of war tournament. Man, the atmosphere and the sound of the spectators screaming my name, waving to me and all... I feel like a superstar lol (Frau Kok said if we were in another country the everyone would probably have hugged me). Next up: the overall champion title for sports day. I've never won that since my first year in primary school. It'll definitely be nice to bring the curtains down to my school life with an overall champ trophy and maybe a sportsman of the games award.

No comments:

Post a Comment