Saturday, February 20, 2010

Queensbay outing with ma boys

Went out with Shan and Dan and KC on Friday. Initially we were suppose to go to Gurney but Shan said that there was nothing to do at Gurney so we ended up going to Queensbay instead because Shan said we could go skating. Well it was okay since I could attempt to break my Penang bridge time record. I managed to break it by clocking 5 minutes and 50 seconds. A pretty big achievement since my car meter only goes up to 140km/h and it can only go up to 120km/h max if there is no slope. Got caught up in a bit of a jam or I swear I coulda shaved 20 seconds off my current record.

After quite a bit of debating, we finally decided to watch Wolfman because KC said no chinese movies and Shan had already watched Percy Jackson. So Wolfman it was. The line at the ticket booth was really long so we booked our tickets through the phone (It was 2 hours before the movie so I guess it was ok XD). Then we hung around the manga shop and pissed KC off lol. Man, can't he just try to be interested? Honestly I'm not much of a manga fan but I don't mind hanging around a manga shop pretending to be overly interested in them. So anyway KC left us alone and went to borders to read his psychology books. I really don't understand why he keeps reading them even though they are useless stuff. Trust me, if any of them were useful, he won't try to be a recluse and a pessimist and pretend his life is in a turmoil and all...

Went to TGI Fridays for lunch. Had vegetarian fetuccini alfredo and a glass of red. The steaks were extremely tempting, but I'm vegetarian so no meat for me. This was our lunch:
Clockwise from top left: Daniel's Chicken Caesar Salad, my Vegetarian Fetuccini Alfredo, Shan's Chicken something something (forgot what it was) and KC's Jack Daniel's Chicken. KC's face turned all red midway through his meal. We were debating whether it was the effects of the Mojito or the Jack Daniel's... Great metabolism he has...

My lunch came up to RM44 after adding the tax so I paid with a RM50 bill. Told KC that it was for the lunch+tax+tip (I always tip the waiters even though they charge service tax. It's a habit). But KC paid the exact amount and someone (I don't know who, either Shan or Dan or KC) pocketed the tip which was suppose to be for the waiters -.-

After lunch we went to watch our movie. It was a pretty average movie. Nothing really special and memorable, although it didn't suck (way better than Twilight). Shan wanted to go skating after the movie but since KC and Dan (being homeboys) were afraid of the crowd and I prefer skateboards to roller blades, we ditched the idea and went for a walkabout instead. KC ordered a pizza at Pizza Hut to eat while he was in the car. Good thing he's tidy when he eats or I would've objected lol.

Well, that's a day out with ma boys. Don't know when is the next time I can chill with them.

Note to KC: It is a fact that pessimism shortens the life of your chromosomes. Buck up man.

6 comments:

  1. Psychology books aren't self help books; totally different categories. The ones I read are about the will of people on how they deal with their lives which I find interesting and touching. I read for interest, not for self help. That's why you shouldn't jump to conclusions, sometimes you tend to misunderstood the meanings. And Fyi, what doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others.

    I'm not afraid, just 'prefer' less crowd. Last time I asked you to skate with me but you got blush blush and decline instead because you're too shy to learn skating LOL remember?

    Pessimism will shorten the person's life only if he thinks it as a destructive term. I use it as my constructive advantage. "You don't ever get let down about anything. And you always expect the worst then if something great happens it will feel much better."

    As far as I know, both optimism and pessimism have goods and bads.
    "Optimism is about being positive"
    "Pessimism is about being realistic"

    It just depends on which one people prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pessimism doesn't destroy you mentally KC... It destroys you physically. Don't tell me you can drink pesticide and not die if you think pesticide is good for health. Can't blame you. It's not a business man's fault if he doesn't know anything about the human body. And pessimism is unrealistic ok?

    No I prefer skateboards. That's why I chose skateboards over roller blades more than a decade ago...

    BTW, I've never heard of anyone saying that self help books work. But yea, they're good for entertainment. There's a very funny one called 7 habits for the highly effective people. It really rocks man. Great humour in it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comparing pessimism to pesticides. wow, great example... Actually pesticides has is own good and bad use. It's used for protecting the crops from pests, no one said it's used for drinking; relevant example when compared to pessimism. Since who wants to use pessimism as a disadvantage?

    Being optimistic is about positivity and expecting the best out of everything. Hence why most people calls it delusional optimism. "You can never feel optimistic when someone you love dies". Pessimism is about realistic as they call it because the world as we know it is never fair. Even people in business never expects the highest profit but the highest loss instead. We'll feel better if we gain profits in the end since it beats the expectation of loss instead.

    If you're saying pessimism is unrealistic, then optimism is way more unrealistic because there's no 'happy ever after' for everyone in the world. I rather stick with being pessimistic about thinking worst possible scenario and prepared for it rather than being blinded by delusions to expect the best out of everything which is of coz unrealistic.

    But then, both optimism and pessimism has it's own good and bad. It's up to the people on which they choose.

    Terfu as always, sticked to his one sided opinions. It's about who and how they choose their path, not you dictating them on which one is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, shut the fuck up... If you're happy because you are sad then so be it. You know nothing about these stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hei..u two...be more like adults k?
    so childish...
    owner of tis blog: i think u shud be more "cleaner" on ur words...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol... Please excuse all the cussin.

    By the way, I have already warned all the readers in the 1st post that this blog contains "immature content" XD

    ReplyDelete