Thursday, February 4, 2010

Another boring day in school

Damn school is friggin boring. I don't even know why I bother going to school. First of all, the teachers sux. Next, the teachers teach us even though the suck. Then, they give us homework, which sux as well. Not that the homework is useless (except for the MUET ones. Every single MUET homework given by Ms Yip is a total waste of time. I don't learn anything and I waste my time and pencil lead and paper writing them. That's what happens if you are lightyears away from your classmates in terms of standard.), but it takes up all our self revision time. Plus it's a hassle to have to do them and pass them up and file them properly (the last part is the worst. I always throw my homework everywhere and they always get lost). Man, now that I put it, I really don't know why I even think of going to school at all. Well it's for the sake of getting my attendance recorded and all that extracurricular activity stuff (I am the chairman of the Taekwondo club, Student Representative Council and Basketball club and I'm sort of unofficially in charge of the athletes for my house).

Well anyway, school was hella boring today. Pn Pauziah couldn't get the LCD to work and ended up asking us to study by ourselves. Then I got my time in the spotlight by teaching them Kerb's cycle (I can draw out the whole thing and explain it by memory).. After that was pretty boring as well. I slept most of the time in chemistry class and the maths teacher was absent (Yay!). But I learned 1 interesting fact though: School exams do not indicate how intelligent you are, nor do they indicate how much you know or how well you know your subject. School exams only indicate how good your memory is and how hardworking you are. Why do I say so? Here are 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1: We were in the chemistry lab 1 day and there was this big mural of a fatty acid on the wall. So I pointed at it and asked Yuva "the Genius" (or so he calls himself, he used to call himself Yuva "the Great", but since the 2 of the top students in our class transferred out, he called himself "the Genius" and told me I can have his old title) whether it the fatty acid was saturated or unsaturated. The reply I got? "Weh hang ingat aku tau benda ni ke?" ( means "Hey do you think I know?"). That was really amusing. For someone who is the top student in class, HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO TELL IF A FATTY ACID IS SATURATED???? HOW THE HELL DID HE GET SUCH HIGH MARKS IN BIO????

Scenario 2: Today we were in class and our chemistry teacher was telling us something about CFC affecting our central nervous system (CNS, one of the 2 main nervous systems in our body). Then she asked us what a CNS was. None of my classmates knew. They were all like, omg, and were flipping through their revision books when I said:"Central nervous system is the brain and the spinal cord." None of them heard me though, I was sitting in the last row at the other end of the class and they were busy searching, but they eventually found out the CNS was actually the brain n spinal cord. Can you imagine it? 14 bio majors in a classroom and only 1 of them know what a CNS is. Furthermore, about 7 or 8 of them scored higher than me in the last 2 exams and most of them scored an A for bio in the their SPM (I only managed a C).

Well, I won't say the world is not fair though. It's only fair that the world gives good stuff to those who work hard instead of those who actually have knowledge but doesn't work as hard.

Couldn't really focus in chemistry tuition today because somehow my thoughts keep drifting off. It's kinda distracting that I think of her every few minutes when I am awake. Not that it's a bad thing, I mean, it's suppose to be a good thing if you think about a loved one right? But it's still distracting anyway. Couldn't understand half the class because I kept spacing out. Well gotta try to overcome this.

In other news, my instep hurts a lot. It's definitely not the ligaments. Might be the bone. Who knows?

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erm, no offense katherine but Chew Yi might be more different than you think it is.

    And she doesn't get angry, she gets even.

    Hey terfu, I asked u b4 and I'll ask it again. You going to that place this sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No she won't be angry with me, Kath. She doesn't even care(Although I remember her texting me that she does care, but after all that happened, I believe I must have been drunk that night and misunderstood her text message).


    @ Kasey >>>Sunday? I would love to go, but I don't think she wants me to go. Do me a favour will ya? Mind if you record a video of her performance? I was really looking forward to it. But since this happened, theres nothing I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll try to. It's not like me to be emo. In fact half the school have been asking me why I'm so emo these days lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much free time? Well I only come online from time to time. More frequently now, but that's only because I have to settle 2 or 3 research projects. The rest of the time whgen I'm not in school, I'd be catching up on my sleep and training.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it's more complicated that it looks actually. I hardly get enough sleep actually so I occasionally sleep during school hours. As a state athlete I have to go over to the other side of the state for training every Monday, Wednesday and Friday while I go to the gym on Tuesdays and Saturdays to keep maintain my fitness level. Add up all the tuition time(Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday), house chores, school activities and my working hours on Sundays, I don't have much time left. It's pretty energy consuming too -.- I wish I can lead a normal life lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol it doesnt matter. I don't actually have much privacy XD

    ReplyDelete